For the bread:
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tsp yeast
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp milk
3/4 cup water
For the potato filling:
See potato palya
1) Warm the milk if cold, add yeast, sugar, salt and keep aside for 5 minutes.
2) Mix this with all purpose flour, wheat flour, baking soda and melted butter.
3) Add about half a cup water and knead the dough. If need be add more water as required and knead the dough. Keep it in a container. Cover it with cling wrap and keep aside for about 2 hours in a sunny spot.
4) After two hours, need the dough and divide it into 8 balls.
5) Take a ball and roll it into 4-5 inch circle. Tip: Make the edges thinner.
6) Place 2-3 Tbsp of potato filling in the centre and wrap the edges to cover the filling and seal it.
7) Place it in a baking tray and brush oil on it. Do the same for rest of the balls.
8) Pre-heat over at 180C and place baking tray in the oven. After 15 mins, quickly remove from oven and brush oil again (optional). Bake for another 5 minutes.
9) Remove from oven, allow it to cool.
Serve with hot chai :) :)
Submitted this at yeastspotting :) :)